Townie Gym Rules
1. Be positive with your words and with your thoughts. Negative attitudes and speech are not allowed at Townie! We're training mentally as much as physically, and positivity works wonders.
2. Arrive early and be ready at the white board at the start of class. Classes start right on time and not a minute late to be respectful of your busy schedules. We understand that things happen and sometimes you're running a few minutes late. Please be considerate if the class has already started and get right into the warmup as fast as possible. If you are more than 5 minutes late you will be asked to join the next class.
3. Cheer, clap, and encourage others. Anything less is to cheat yourself of the experience, and to rob others of the gift of your presence and support as part of the community. As soon as you finish your workout, your next priority is to support others still working. Do not start putting away your equipment until everyone in the class has finished.
4. Be respectful. It doesn’t matter if you’ve been doing CrossFit for 1 month or 5 years, do not have your own private conversation or do your own thing when the coach is trying to give instruction to the class. You may know how to perform each movement off the top of your head, but not everyone does, so just be patient and quiet and let everyone get the full benefit of the coaches’ knowledge. Besides, you might learn something new!
5. Come Prepared for Class. Our commitment to you is that we will come energetic and prepared for the day’s class. We’ll be armored with a class plan, varied and relevant scaling options, and we will provide a class format that is professional, organized, and well-coached. We ask that you, our athlete, come prepared for class. Know the workout, look up past Benchmarks and 1 rep maxes when relevant, and have any personal equipment squared away and ready to go. Track your workouts and take detailed notes so it fuels your preparation for next time. We want to develop athletes who are invested in their personal successes at the gym.
6. Empty barbells were not designed to be dropped. We don’t want our toys, our rubber flooring, you, or someone else broken unnecessarily. Same goes for kettlebells and dumbbells (Unless doing so is necessary to avoid injury). Treat the equipment like it's your own.
7. Chalk is useful, even necessary. It is also messy. Use as much as you need, but keep the excess chalk inside the chalk bucket. All of the extra dust covers everything in the entire gym and makes it very difficult to keep the gym clean. Use a towel to dry sweaty hands instead of trying to use chalk.
8. Clean up and put away all equipment after each workout. Also check to make sure you haven’t left any personal belongings like grips, clothing, and shoes. Throw away your used plastic bottles and athletic tape that you have stripped off during the WOD.
9. No cell phones on the workout floor. Please leave all of your personal belongings in the cubbies until after the WOD. We wan't you to get the most out of your hour at the gym, and when you are here it's time to train. (If you have a special request, talk to a coach and we will be happy to help).
10. Children may only use equipment and be on the gym floor during Townie Kids classes. Kids must also remain under parental supervision at all times and especially when entering and exiting the gym. Please help us keep Townie a safe place for the entire family.
11. Classes are 1 hour long and we expect everyone to be present for the entire class. We aim to stick to a strict schedule and are always respectful of your time, so make sure you are present for all parts of the workout until class is broken down.
12. Go the distance. Every athlete pushes them self differently…just don’t quit. Talk to the coaches, communicate with us when you’re on the verge or feeling defeated, we can help. The human body is capable of more than you can comprehend; challenge yourself accordingly.
13. Never whine, never complain, and never make excuses! Drama and complaining are contagious diseases and at Townie we are a group of humble, hungry, and happy people.
14. Introduce Yourself. Please introduce yourself to newbies (or someone you don’t recognize). Remember when you were the new guy or gal? A friendly introduction goes a long way.
15. Have Fun! The workouts are hard enough, so enjoy yourself while you are here. We want your hour at the gym to be the absolute best hour of your day. High five some people, make some new friends and get fit!