How to Grocery Shop Like a Champ
Step 1: Go into your kitchen, take a trash bag, and start throwing all your "junk" food directly into the trash! If the temptation is there staring you in the face, then you're gonna eat it. One of the easiest ways to set yourself up for success is to make sure you don't have junk food in the house when those cravings hit. Trust me, just do it!
Step 2: Head to the grocery store to restock your kitchen with healthy, delicious and nutritious foods that are going to help you reach your goals. FYI during this challenge and moving forward you will likely need to make a big grocery trip at least once per week and likely twice, so plan accordingly and always be prepared.
Now before you head to the grocery store, I suggest making a list of things you plan to get for the week or use the list below and pick your favorites. Remember this is a great time to try new foods and experiment in the kitchen a bit. The more creative you can get the better, and if you think you don't like something, try preparing it in a different fashion and give it a shot.
The list below is in order of how you navigate the grocery store. (There are plenty of other challenge approved items that fit, but this was the most extensive list I could think of.)
- brussel sprouts
- sweet potato
- taro root
- bell pepper
- ground beef (grass fed is best but any is fine)
- ground turkey
- steak (any cut)
- chicken (breast, thigh, tenders, etc.)
- pork tenderloin
- beef roast
- pork chops
- Kerrygold grass fed butter
- olive oil
- coconut oil
- avocado oil
- almond butter
- favorite spice or seasoning blend (check the labels for ingredients. If you can't pronounce one of the ingredients, stay away from it. Primal Palate has some great high quality seasoning blends, but you'll have to order online. May be a good investment for your spice cabinet.)
- dijon mustard
- balsamic vinegar
- white wine vinegar
- red wine vinegar
- rice wine vinegar
- apple cider vinegar
- fresh salsa blend (again read the ingredients or make your own)
- tomato sauce (again read the ingredients and watch out for canola oil)
Happy shopping folks and if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask. I expect to run into a lot of yall at Publix on Sunday. Happy shopping!